Location: CGA Sri Lanka, Headquarters Independence Avenue, Colombo 07
Type: Full time
Period: One year
Who can apply
An MOU has been signed in between the CGA Sri Lanka and the Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka in connection with the eqUIP internship. Therefore, undergraduates from the 2016/2017 batch from the Department of Sports Sciences & Physical Education, Faculty of Applied Sciences in Sabaragamuwa University of Sri Lanka are eligible to apply for the internship.
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic intern to assist and support the administrative duties in National Olympic Committee of Sri Lanka (NOC Sri Lanka)/ Commonwealth Games Association of Sri Lanka (CGA Sri Lanka). This internship will provide those who desire a career in Sports Management with an opportunity to learn sports administration in events/ projects. Intern will gain valuable career experience as well as networking opportunities in the process. The ideal candidate is someone who possesses a strong desire to work in sports field and has a strong communication ability.
- Update athletes’ Zeus database on daily basis to maintain athletes’ data in order
- Maintain and review documentation on athletes’ reports on regular basis
- Frequent communication with athletes and National Federations in person or via telephone for the projects and meetings
- Maintain and manage athlete training database
- Arrange meetings with the relevant parties of the assigned projects according to the requirement
- Attend/ participate in meetings requested by the supervisor
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Collecting and updating the Athletes’ data on the website
- Creating an Academic Alumni network [NOA, Admin, and ASMC]
- Project report, meeting minutes and letters writings
- Maintain the stakeholders (NFs, athletes, other org, etc.) contact database
- Attend the duties related to the CGA Sri Lanka regularly
- Assist Athlete Development project according to the deadlines
- Assist Talent Identification Project – Crysbro
- Frequently update the +plus one (Zeus) Athletes’ database
- Other related duties as assigned
Skills and Competencies and Knowledge
The intern will be assigned a supervisor during the internship period and has to collaborate by providing regular weekly or monthly reports on his/her duties. Meanwhile, the intern will prepare a bi-monthly report and that should be sent to the Secretary General of the CGA Sri Lanka and Commonwealth Games Federation through the assigned supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please send us your CV and cover letter in English and in PDF to email@example.com
September on or before 12.00p.m. on 28th
The NOC/ CGA Sri Lanka is a non-profit organisation committed to building a better world through sport. By joining us, you will be a part of the international sports world. You will have an opportunity to work in a flexible environment and to be with diverse enthusiastic personalities.